Aithsetter, Cunningsburgh ZE2 9HG
Tel: +44 (0)1950 477 598 / +44(0)7879 870905
At the end of our private track near the coast with a sea view, our two spacious lodges offer luxury accommodation and are the ideal central base to explore Shetland. Extremely well presented and equipped. An abundance of wildlife, flora and fauna are literally right on the doorstep. Play shed for children. Our newly opened Farm Shop & Café are nearby with special offers for our guests.
- Nortower Lodges
- Living area
- Dining area
- Kitchen area
- Double room
- Twn room
- Otters spotted nearby
Located on our working croft, our two 4-star, self-catering holiday lodges (Boitan & Holsas) provide not only first-class accommodation but also the opportunity to experience life on a Shetland croft.
From this peaceful setting, visitors can enjoy magnificent views of the surrounding area. There is an abundance of wildlife, flora and fauna right on the doorstep so any walk will be rewarded by the amazing sights and sounds of the islands.
Nortower Lodges would like to make this holiday extra special by introducing some aspects of traditional Shetland crofting and island life:
• We rear our own animals including sheep and cattle.
• We provide free range eggs and grow a variety of fruit and vegetables, all of which are available for our guests to sample.
• A complimentary hamper of our fresh, natural, home grown produce is gifted to guests on arrival (contents vary depending on what’s in season) and will be available for purchase thereafter.
• We welcome guests into our home as we demonstrate the Fair Isle knitting of gloves, hats, scarves, etc.
Nortower Lodges are near to the main bus routes, beaches and spectacular walks – straight from your doorstep. 15 minutes to Lerwick and 25 minutes to Sumburgh, we are the ideal base for exploring.
The Lodges have all modern conveniences installed in them plus books, brochures, DVDs, games, toys, etc. Baby and toddler items, plus mobility assisted shower seats and grips also available – all at no extra charge.
• Large outdoor play house for children, complete with toys, games, etc.
• Individual lockable sheds for storage of bikes, fishing gear, walking boots, etc. adjacent to the Lodges.
• Recycling and composting area.
Wifi, bedding and towels are all included in the price.
A holiday on a working croft is sure to be a great experience!
|Lodge||Rates start at:||£83-£105 per night|
From the NorthLink Ferry Terminal Junction take a left, follow the road until the first roundabout – go straight on. At the second roundabout take a right (into North Lochside) and follow until the next roundabout; at this one, take another right and follow until the fourth roundabout. Go straight on at this one and follow the A970 for approximately 9 miles until you reach the village of Cunningsburgh. Turn off at the junction on the left marked Aithsetter, and follow the road a short distance to the corner. The entrance road to Nortower Lodges is on the left and you will see the Lodges on the side of the hill.
From the Airport follow the A970 road for approximately 19 miles to the village of Cunningsburgh. Nearing the end of the village, take a right at the junction marked Aithsetter and follow the road a short distance to the corner. The entrance road to Nortower Lodges is on the left and you will see the Lodges on the side of the hill.