- Skeld Caravan and Campsite
Quiet, safe and friendly community site on the waterfront. Great amenity building with showers, toilets, kitchen and laundry. Wonderful views. Nature hide for spotting birds, otters and seals. Shellfish landed at the pier each day. Spectacular coastline for walking and canoeing. Archaeological sites and lochs for fishing nearby. Leisure centre and shop within 10 miles. Terrain: level/grassy/hardstanding.
- Skeld Caravan & Campsite Park
The caravan park and campsite at Skeld is modern and exceptionally well-equipped. It is a peaceful and friendly site, and every visitor receives a warm welcome.
We have a choice of two hard standing areas for 19 caravans and campervans. One borders the grassy area near the amenity building and the other has beautiful views overlooking the harbour and marina. The area is lit at night.
We also have an excellent, well-kept, sheltered, flat grassy park for campers (23 metres x 50 metres) with space for around 12 to 15 tents.
A purpose-built amenity building provides easy access for wheelchair users. The facilities include:
- Toilets and showers which are fully equipped with the required rails and handles for disabled users
- A kitchen area with toaster, kettle, microwave, fridge, dishes, tables and chairs
- A laundry room with washing machine, dryer, pulley, iron and ironing board. There are also outside drying facilities including washing line, pegs and a basket
- Indoor board games
- Information leaflets and brochures
We also have good on-site facilities which include:
- Public telephone
- Wildlife hide – which is good for spotting birds, seals and otters
- Picnic tables between pitches, some with table top games on
- Play areas at the school and a play park next to the hall, all within a five-minute walk
- Electric power points provided for each pitch
- A chemical toilet disposal and waste water disposal on site
- Dogs are also allowed on site
You can also buy fresh shellfish from the local fishermen who often land crabs, lobsters and scallops at the pier.
Other close by amenities include:
- The local small shop at Bixter has fuel pumps and is just fifteen minutes drive from the campsite
- A nearby Co-op, which is just 10 miles away
- A local bus service which leaves once a day and connects to the main service at Bixter. This will then take you onto Lerwick.
- A gas truck which comes to the area every week. Where we can, we will help with any supplies, gas exchange etc.
Skeld Caravan and Campsite is a registered charity - Charity No. SC029680.
|Tent pitch||Rates start at:||£10 per night (+ £2 per person)|
|Caravan||Rates start at:||£20 per night (includes wifi and electric)|